Join The French Bleu Vintage.com Mailing List
Email:byrnesrj@yahoo.com
For Email Marketing you can trust

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WHITE SEASHELLS@FrenchBleuVintage





The Man and I took the kids to Ocean Island, North Carolina last month. I loved it SO much and would love to get in the car this morning and not stop until I reached its sandy shore again. We seriously did nothing on this particular vaca. Usually I hunt down every Civil War monument and battlefield and bore them all to tears. I just needed to kick back this time. A huge portion of our days were spent collecting sea glass and shells. I just loved having this be the biggest decision of the day - "what type of shell to look for today". I wasn't sure exactly sure where I would put them all - we took home a ton. The car trunk smelled a tad fishy for awhile:) Anyway - I just love the way they look in my old enamel bowls. I picked up the fabulous 3-tier very crusty stand there as well. How refreshing that it can hang outside and not have to worry about getting rusty:)

~ Happy White Wednesday and please checkout the other fab posts at Faded Charm~

Dee xo

15 comments:

  1. Shells are a weakness of mine. I have a very small collection started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet hello from Frog Hollow Farm. There's nothing better than getting in a car and heading to the beach. Your day sounded perfect, and the shells are so pretty. Thanks for sharing! Ciao, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Dee!! Glad U had a FAB vacation! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOT!!! oh what great finds on our NC shores. YES! There is nothing so absolutely freeing and totally making you lose ALL track of time as walking the shore and looking for shells and beautiful sea glass... Love just thinking about it. Oh how my girl and I used to spend hours searching. The sandy beaches are comforting and rejuvenating. Glad you got to come and rest and make moments and memories.
    I LOVE--LOVE your tiered stand. Fantastic find.
    Love the fabric tablecovering too. Thanks for sharing such an awesome post with the pics.
    Made me yearn to go to the shores and do some searching and resting. Hugs to you. Thanks for visiting with me today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tablecloth! Your shells are so pretty, I love hunting for shells. They're all over in Florida but not here:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a relaxing time and even managed to bring home some pretties! Good girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shells! And the sea glass is amazing. Nothing more relaxing than shelling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shells and sea glass and wrote about it today, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds amazing
    nice just to sit back and enjoy life
    AMy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty shells especially against the blue. It looks sunny at your house. I'm so jealous.

    Enjoy your week.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds wonderful!! I have been tucking some shells here and there myself. I am on a vc countdown right now, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dee, great shells and fabulous fabric under them. I am so glad you are trying the dip. I think you are going to love it:)
    ~Debra
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Post Dee

    Have a wonderful and relaxing Memorial Day weekend.

    Warm wishes
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dee! Thanks for stopping by today! Love your display of beautiful sea finds! And I must say they are striking against that awesome tablecloth!

    Have a great weekend!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love your tiered wire stand! I've been wanting one for a long time, but the ones I see are too much $$$$! And I adore your tablecloth, too! I love collecting shells as well, and shell crafting. I could spend hours walking the beach looking for treasures! Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your nice comments, too! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are most graciously appreciated