Join The French Bleu Vintage.com Mailing List
Email:byrnesrj@yahoo.com
For Email Marketing you can trust

Monday, September 12, 2011

Someday this House will be mine


At least thats what I have been telling myself for about 15  years. Its on Marthas Vineyard in the adorable "Campgrounds" in Oak Bluffs. Honestly, all of the gingerbread Victorian cottages are so sweet there - I will take just about any one of them.
I have always wanted a little "Juliette Porch" off my bedroom

I practically have it all decorated with bits and pieces of petite Victorian furniture that is just too delicate for the house we are in now. The family and I get out to Martha's Vineyard as often as possible for a week or so. We rent whatever is still available at the last minute. We don't live more than 3 hours away - so I have had a lot of time to ponder this decision. Of course, this was my first choice:
Oh the porch parties I could have..sigh....

But who wants to clean all that.

I'd much rather be watching my kids doing this...


and this.....

If you have never had the chance to get out the "The Vineyard", why not try it in the Fall. Thats when I love it the most. The crowds are gone - the streets are eerily quiet - the rockers sway back and forth on those pretty little porches with no help from the living. Its quite dreamy.

Someday, I'll have to show you the inside of one of these Victorian beauties. I'm just not sure which one it will be yet:)

Dee XO

9 comments:

  1. It looks like such a great place. My friend works there in the summers and it looks lovely. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a second I was jealous. Then I realized it's okay. At least one of us still gets to go and it's you after all not some snarky woman I can't stand. So now I am happy. Yes. You will own one of those houses some day. And I will visit. alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been there in years but loved those little cottages. ....better then the mansions.

    x
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it there. Only been once but would love to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dee!
    Thanks so much for sharing some photos from the Vineyard...didn't get there this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go east to the vineyards

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. We made our first trip to see those sweet cottages during our week in Massachusetts for the May Brimfield week. It was truly magical. We would love to have the chance to stay in one for just a night or two. Sadly, most won't rent for less than a week it seems, and are out of our price range as well. But we so enjoyed the day we spent in Oak Bluffs and we are looking forward to next year.

    Smiles,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Dee,

    From High Heeled Life I got here and enjoyed your website and blog! Thus, you got a new follower and FB liking.
    Feel free to visit my blog and FB Page + website.
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Photos! just wanted to let you know I mentioned you on my blog ...direct link to post

    http://attitudeivlife.blogspot.com/2011/09/blogland-boutiques-heard-at-tea-party.html

    cheers, HHL

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are most graciously appreciated