Join The French Bleu Vintage.com Mailing List
Email:byrnesrj@yahoo.com
For Email Marketing you can trust

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Vintage Stemware

Perrier Jouet hand painted French champagne flutes
I have always had a a thing for vintage stemware. Whether it is cut crystal, etched, clear, pink or pale blue. Years ago, a fledgling collector, I would gravitate to the .50 single stem at a yard sale or the Goodwill that was just so gorgeous, I had to have it.  It would be added to my collection of "pretty things". Today, I still have many of them and set a rather lovely, although, eclectic table when entertaining.
Pink Empress stemware with 24k etched detailing
I have expanded my sights a bit these days and tend to gravitate towards a more complete set to sell at the shop. 

They are fabulous to use as anything from soap dishes, jewelry holders, or elegant tea light holders to sorbet dessert glasses, and are just as chic at an intimate picnic for 2 as a champagne toast for 50. 

I can almost taste the lemon sorbet with lavender in these glasses
These are just a few I have sold at French Bleu Vintage recently. My favorite were the Pink Empress (they lasted about 1 day in the store) before a savvy shopper scooped them up.


I will keep adding to my collection of "one of a kind" cast-offs. Although, it is getting increasingly more difficult in a world of Pottery Barn barware sets, to convince my husband that my way is truly more lovely and appreciated, if not slightly just off. 


Linking With the talented ladies of ~
The French Cupboard 
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Fridays ~
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday ~


All links @ Sidebar


Have a great week everyone ~


Dee XO

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like your way best!! Anyone can have a matching set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous stemware! I have some vintage pieces that were my grandmothers too- they are etched and so thin and delicate! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet comments are most graciously appreciated